Recently the gorgeous Ania from The Sane Mum invited me to join in on the 10 Things That Make Me Happy tag. You can check out her beautiful post here.
Even with the challenges in my life right now there are still so many things that bring me joy and happiness and I love that there is a #10ThingsThatMakeMeHappy tag out there encouraging us all to stop for a minute and write down or at least think about our 10 things.
So… here are, in no particular order 10 Things That Make Me Happy
- Seeing my hubby happy. I know it sounds corny but it’s true. Whether it’s 6 aside or comp soccer, a triathlon, him with his family or friends, or off doing or speaking about something he is passionate about. Seeing him happy truly makes me happy.
- Hot showers – long hot showers are the best. Long hot uninterrupted showers are even better. Being a mum of 3 with the youngest being 4 weeks old long hot showers are rare but when I have one I feel like I have won the lottery.
- Daylight savings – There is something magical about Daylight savings. For me it screams summer fun, beach days and picnic dinners in the park by the river. Just a whole lot of chilled out family fun and memory making time.
- Travel – I’m obsessed with travel. My hubby thinks I’m a gypsy at heart. I love to just pack and go. Road trips, month-long overseas family holidays, weekend getaways. I love it all, which is why I’m that random mamma/ partner who constantly springs spontaneous holidays and getaways on her little family.
- My bed – I feel I could write an ode to my bed. It’s so comfy and warm, it’s almost pure perfection and there is nothing better than diving into our bed after a long day… except maybe diving in after I’ve just put on clean sheets or after we’ve just come back from traveling.
- Laughter – My son has the most infectious laugh you will ever hear. I love hearing my kids & hubby laugh (like those really big belly laughs). I’m so grateful that I’m surrounded by hilarious people who keeps me giggling.
- Surprising people – I love surprising people like spontaneous family holidays, a present they have been wanting for a while, a home cooked meal when a friend is sick etc. Doing something because I want to and because I can makes me happy.
I live by the saying “under promise and over deliver”
- Good food, good wine, good company – …. need I say more? It’s like a happiness trifecta right there!
- Speed – I love fast cars, jet skiing, boats. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie. It sound cliché but the whole sun shining, listening to your favourite music with the wind blowing through your hair. For me it’s happiness through and through.
- My kids – Yes the drive me absolutely crazy, make me age quickly and steal my sleep but oh my goodness, watching them grow into their own, hearing their stories, watching them master a skill they have been practicing for a while. It seriously warms my heart. I’m currently having cuddles with my 4week old baby and I have to say newborn cuddles are the best. Getting hugs from your kidletts is so super special and is one thing that will never get old.
So there you have it 10 things that make me happy. I feel like I could keep writing my list as things keep popping into my head but I’ll leave it here for now and instead tag the following bloggers to share their happiness with the world!
(These are some of my favourite Bloggers. If you don’t know who they are, you are seriously missing out!)
Jade from Mummies Waiting
Becky from 3 Princesses and 1 Dude
Aleena from Mummy Mama Mum
Zoe from Lycra Widow
Zoe The Tale of Mummyhood
Annette from 3 Little Buttons
Emily from Twin Mummy & Daddy
Nigel from DIY Daddy
James from Blog of Dad
Benny from Daddy Poppins
If you like this post, maybe you should check out
5 Reasons Why I am not #Rockingmotherhood