Ok so as promised in our last post ‘Outrigger Fiji Tips and Insights‘ here we are ready to share 16 Outrigger Fiji Fast Facts and Tips. Because really, who doesn’t want to know ways to cut holiday expenses, get insights on where to eat locally and make sure you have all you need in your suitcase before you leave.
So without further ado here are our Outrigger Fiji Fast Facts and Tips from a our family of 5.
What to Bring:
- There are no pool toys at the pool, BYO your pool toys.
- Pack travel clotheline for underwear & swimmers. They do have clothes air dryers in each room but consider also bringing so pegs!
- It is called the Coral Coast for a reason. Consider packing some reef shoes. You can find some cheap ones in Kmart, Big W or even Rebel.
- At check in the resort will charge your credit card $100FJD per room per day resort fee as a security bond. This is deducted from your room bill at the end of your stay. You can pay this by cash to avoid the credit card surcharge. (eg. 3% visa surcharge)
- The resort is “cashless” – anything you buy you sign for and it’s added to your room bill and settled at check out (hence the upfront bond).
- You can catch the local bus across the road from the resort into Sigatoka town for $1
- When heading to the Outrigger from the airport ask the transfer driver to stop into Sigatoka to collect supplies (water, snacks, soft drink, a case of beer was around $65fjd)
Consider the $129FJD per day per person all inclusive (breakfast, lunch & dinner – no drinks) You can purchase in advance or daily at reception.
- Whilst in Duty Free consider purchasing a bottle of alcohol to have a couple of drinks in your room instead of always having to purchase drinks at the bar. $20AUS per cocktail can start to add up!
- If you don’t like the meal prices at the Outrigger or want a change of scenery walk down to the beach, turn right on and follow the beach 25m (on to Sunset Strip) you will come across the “Beach Bar n Grill” which is nearly half the price of the Outrigger. A little further on is Bedarra Beach Inn (800m from the Outrigger). They do breakfast, lunch, dinner & happy hour. Click here to see their menus. Keep going and you will find “Flying Fin Restaurant” which is another 10 minutes down the road. You can transfer there for free, the resort reception will even make the booking for you.
Handy to know:
- There is a laundry with washing machines & dryers guests can use. You buy tokens from the reception area. (TIP- BYO your own washing powder & pegs – they have clothes air dryers in each room)
- There is an ATM at the resort
- Kula eco-park is just across the road. You can walk or staff will take you in a buggy.
- Sign up to the Outrigger ‘Discovery’ Club on their website to receive free Wifi and free late check out (12pm instead of 11am).
- If you have Talai Butler service, pop the kids Fruit Boxes/ Popper in the freeze. They make great poolside iceblocks- The kids might need to chip away at it with a teaspoon (from the tea and coffee supplies in your room)
- Transfers from Nadi airport to the Outrigger can take about 1.5hrs- 2hrs.
Hopefully, you found our Outrigger Fiji Fast Facts and Tips helpful.
Looking for more tips, why not check out –
- Top 10 Tips for planning and holidaying in Fiji
- Outrigger Fiji Tips and Insights
<div align=”center”><a href=”https://suitcasesandsandcastles.com/” rel=”nofollow” title=”Suitcases and Sandcastles”><img src=”//suitcasesandsandcastles.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FARAWAY-FILES-FIVE-BADGE-with-map-1-e1515413853306.jpg” alt=”Suitcases and Sandcastles” style=”border: none;” /></a></div> <div align=”center”><a href=”https://www.twinmummyanddaddy.com” title=”Twin Mummy and Daddy”><img src=”//www.twinmummyanddaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/That-Friday-Linky-Photo.jpg” alt=”Twin Mummy and Daddy” style=”border: none;” /></a></div>