I swear since having my kids I live in a musical. The amount of singing and dancing that goes on in our house is incredible! Thankfully, I love musicals always have and always will. This week I will be surprising our kiddlets with a mini family getaway which includes a gorgeous hotel in the heart of Brisbane CBD and a trip to the QPAC theatre to see the amazing ‘Aladdin’ and some last minute shopping before Baby number 3 arrives.
After baby number 3 arrives I am not sure how many trips to the theatre I’ll squeeze in… So I thought I’d make a list of Musicals I can still enjoy on DVD until we find our new family rhythm (no pun intended).
Here are 12 amazing musicals that are sure to get you singing along in no time.
- Les Miserable (2012) M, Drama, History, Musical. Starring: Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway
- Sound of Music (1965) G, Biography, Drama, Family. Starring: Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Eleanor Parker
- Xanadu (1980) G, Fantasy, Musical, Romance. Starring: Olivia Newton-John, Gene Kelly, Michael Beck
- Moulin Rouge (2001) M. Drama, Musical, Romance. Starring: Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor, John Leguizamo
- The Phantom of the Opera (2004) PG. Drama, Musical, Romance. Starring: Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, Patrick Wilson
- Cats (1998) Drama, Musical. Starring: Elaine Paige John Mills Ken Page Rosemarie Ford Michael Gruber John Partridge Aeva May Jacob Brent Susan Jane Tanner
- Chicago (2002) M. Comedy, Crime, Musical. Starring: Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere
- Dream Girls (2006) M. Drama, Music, Musical. Starring: Beyoncé, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy
- Mamma Mia (2008) PG. Comedy, Family, Musical Starring: Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried, Colin Firth
- Fame (2009) PG. Comedy, Drama, Musical. Starring: Kelsey Grammer, Bebe Neuwirth, Megan Mullally
- Evita (1996) PG. Biography, Drama, History. Starring: Madonna, Jonathan Pryce, Antonio Banderas
- Grease (1978) Musical, Romance. Starring: John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing
Do you have a favourite musical? Did it make it to the list or has it not been made into a movie yet? I LOVE “Wicked” and wish I could add it to this list or at least go and see it on stage again.